School Sports Crew
Our School Sports Crew (SSC) is a group of pupils who work together to improve quality of school sport and PE.
They also work to promote school sport and the achievements of pupils by creating newsletters, taking photographs, supporting teams and managing notice boards. Each year pupils apply for a position on the SSC, and are voted into position by their peers. The children regularly engage in leadership activities, running events for other children in the school.
Aims and Values
Our School Aims
- delivery of an enriching curriculum in which we constantly strive to raise and maintain our high standards
- that the school environment is colourful, stimulating and well cared for
- that the school reflects and promote the excitement and enjoyment of the children's learning
- children and staff to achieve success which can be celebrated and built upon
- progression so that we can extend each child by defining achievable targets and appropriate challenges
- values and promote learning in a happy and positive atmosphere
- each child as an individual
- good relationships between parents/carers, staff and children, this is essential for successful learning
- and expect the support of parent/carers in a partnership role to support and encourage children's learning
- each member of our learning community
- the support of our governors and members of the wider community
- all children to value and respect each other
- encourage positive attitudes to school and life long learning, acknowledge different interests, strengths and ways of learning, meeting individual needs
- children to have due regard for their own property and that of others
- good relations and links between the school and the wider community of which we are a part, so that all may benefit
Our School Values
The school has four values which are central to school expectations. They are displayed in the main halls and in each classroom. They are discussed with the children and used as a basis for class rules.
At Meadowside Primary School, our children are separated into 6 Houses:
Children have the opportunity to earn House Points by demonstrating our school values, producing outstanding efforts and outcomes in their work as well as showing great manners. The house that earns the most points in a term will be eligible for a special prize!